Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Here is a little peak at my vintage button stash; I pulled out all the pretty greens and a few pearly shell and lacy translucent buttons too. My favourite of the bunch is the little green button with a rhinestone center. I like to imagine that it came off of a kelly green 50's cardigan worn by some elegant red haired beauty.

I don't have any Irish heritage, but growing up St. Patrick's day was celebrated in our house with much enthusiasm. My mom would make all of our food green, which was that special mix of gross and tasty that little kids love. There was a lot of green food colouring involved, some vegetables and lime jello for dessert of course. Nothing about drinking limeade and eating kiwis and avocados for breakfast have anything to do with being Irish, but it was a lot of silly fun, and they are really happy memories.

I hope today you take a moment to think of something from your own past to make you smile. I know we all could use some cheering up. Trying to help in any way we can makes a difference too. I've sent in my donation to the Canadian Red Cross to help with the Japan earthquake/tsunami relief, have you?


And now for something completely different:
Green Bird is tempted by the sunflower aroma wafting out of his favorite cafe...

17 comments:

  1. wow, the bird is so beautiful!!!

    today it's S. Patrick, but here in Italy we are having great celebrations for the 150th birthday of our coutry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage buttons! This is wonderful collections! Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently started a website, the information you provide on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. 파워볼게임

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Excellent post. I hope to contribute & assist different customers like its aided me. 바둑이사이트넷

    ReplyDelete
  5. its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog,

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice post. Thanks for sharing such a valuable features and other relevant information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really helpful post, very informative there is no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say you are an incredible writer, I love the way that you describe the things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This article is very helpful and interesting too. Keep doing this in future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  13. This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up!

    ReplyDelete

  14. It is very well written, and your points are well-expressed.

    ReplyDelete